With our private day trips in Tuscany your adventure will begin the moment your English-speaking private driver meets you in the lobby of your hotel in Florence or outside your apartment. You will feel like a real VIP as you hop inside their luxury car or minivan and travel in style as you embark on your Florence day trip.
What to visit in Florence in one day
Tuscany is arguably the center of Italy’s cultural heritage and Florence is by no means the only city packed with medieval and renaissance art and history for you to discover.
A half-day or full-day trip from Florence to Pisa is an absolute must for all visitors to Tuscany.
You will be able to admire some of its main attractions:
- Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore: this is one of the most famous and recognizable monuments in Florence, with its majestic Renaissance-style dome. You will be able to admire the external facade of the Cathedral, but also climb the dome and enjoy a panoramic view of the city.
- Uffizi Gallery: one of the most important museums in the world, it houses works of art by great masters such as Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael and Botticelli. You will be able to admire masterpieces such as Botticelli's Spring and the Birth of Venus.
- Ponte Vecchio: the most famous bridge in Florence, known for its artisan shops selling gold jewelry. You can walk on the bridge, admire the Arno River and go shopping in the shops.
- Piazza della Signoria: the heart of the city of Florence, it is one of the most important squares in the city and houses the Museum of Palazzo Vecchio, the Loggia dei Lanzi and many statues and fountains.
- Basilica di Santa Croce: This Gothic-style basilica is the largest Franciscan church in the world and houses the tombs of many famous figures in Italian history, including Michelangelo, Galileo and Machiavelli.
- Central Market: a place not to be missed for foodies, here you can taste the authentic flavors of Tuscan cuisine, such as bread, ham, cheese and wine.
The Best Day Trips in Florence
Among the best Day Trips in Florence we have:
- Florence and Pisa
You will admire the famous leaning tower of Pisa, as well as the charming city center perched on the Arno River.
RPG can even purchase skip-the-line tickets for you to climb the leaning tower of Pisa on request, as well as a private guide to really explain to you the fascinating history of the city.
- Siena, San Gimignando and Chianti
Discover Siena, its beautiful Duomo and enjoy a wine-tasting and light lunch in the beautiful Chianti countryside.
With our private driver, you will reach also San Gimignano, a picturesque village perched on the Tuscan hills and discover its Medieval culture.
- Pisa and Lucca
Discover world famous town of Pisa and its famous landmark: the Learning Tower.
The tour continue to the beautiful town of Lucca, the birthplace of music composer, Giacomo Puccini.
Day Trips from Florence to Cinque Terre
A day trip to the Cinque Terre is an unforgettable experience, which allows you to discover one of the most fascinating areas of Liguria and to enjoy the beauty of the sea and the surrounding hills.
The five towns that make up the Cinque Terre are Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore.
Each of these has its own unique charm
- Monterosso al Mare is one of the largest and most lively towns of the Cinque Terre, with wide sandy beaches, enchanting alleys and suggestive architecture.
- Vernazza is one of the most picturesque and romantic cities, characterized by colorful buildings overlooking the sea, a charming little port and a medieval tower.
- Corniglia is a small and quiet town located on a hill, from which you can enjoy a panoramic view of the sea.
- Manarola is known for its small port, cliffs and natural paths.
- Riomaggiore is characterized by colorful houses and narrow alleys, which open onto a breathtaking view of the sea.